Using an air circulator fan is invariably very advantageous since they are very powerful and enough efficient to cool a room very quickly. They have the capacity to blow air equally almost every corner of a good size room that is pretty much unusual for an electric fan as other types of fan can’t have the competence to blow air like air circulators. Most of the air circulator fan models are blessed with tilting and special types of oscillating features that make this kind of fan more efficient and help the fan to blow the air even further distance.
Using a good quality air circulator fan along with your air conditioner in your home or office or apartment can help us to increase the efficiency of AC, and moreover, helps us to cut electricity costs as well.
Finding a perfect circulator fan is not an easy task. You have considered many things while buying one for your home. To confine your search, we have brought the top 8 best air circulator fans that are spot on in their business.
Quick Overview At Top Air Circulator Picked By Our Editor
Top 8 Best Air Circulator Fan of 2020
Below we have listed the top air circulator fan selected by our editors:
- Best Rated By Customers : Vornado 293 Heavy-Duty Air Circulator Fan
- Best Selling Air Circulator : Vornado 660 Large Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
- Most Cheapest Air Circulator: Holmes Blizzard Rotating Fan
- Mid-Size Air Circulator Fan: Vornado 630 Mid-Size Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
- High Speedy Air Circulator: Lasko 3300 Wind Machine Fan
- Best Pedestal Air Circulator : Vornado 783 Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
- Most Tiny Air Circulator: Honeywell HT-908 Turbo Force Room Air Circulator Fan
- Best High Velocity Air Circulator: Lasko High-Velocity Quick Mount Fan
Number 1: Vornado 293 Heavy-Duty Air Circulator Fan
- It is specially designed to cover a room of 100 feet in length. Thanks to the engineers of Vornado, they equipped this fan with Vortex Technology.
- Dust resist metal construction makes it more durable fan.
- Assemble in the USA
- Three-speed setting option for air control of 950, 1220 and 1500 RPM respectively for the low, medium and high setting.
- 5 years of Warranty
It is one of the best and amazing looking air circulator fan so far we have ever seen. It will perform like a rock star both in summer and winter. You will find numerous reasons why it is the best air circulator fan picked by our experts.
You can’t deny how much dollars it may save during the summer season if you use it to circulate the cool air along with an AC (air conditioner). You can use it in winter too. It can be used to circulate the heat coming out from your space heater to the specific room (where the heater is placed) to the whole apartment. Vornado 293, the powerhouse of the fan, is not loud and so it will not disturb you while you are working or watching a TV show.
One can heedlessly eliminate this fan from there wishlist considering the price, it is expensive, but, after purchasing it, nobody will regrate with the price they pay for. The air circulator is really worth the value. This Vornado air circulator fan is durable also. The motor of this fan is permanently lubricated. So, you don’t have to open it for oiling the motor. Moreover, the metal construction makes this fan one of the sturdiest fan and it is a challenge to break this fan with hand.
- Come up with nice, long and heavy power cord
- Easy to clean
- Attractive design
- Easy to move around one room to another
- Size is great and construction is very sturdy
- Very quiet in operation
- Relatively expensive
- The body is not fully made of metals. Some parts are made of plastic and these plastic parts are flimsy and easily breakable.
- No remote control available
- It can’t oscillate
- Engineered with Vornado’s signature Vortex Technology.
- It comes with four variable speed-changing options. The RPM of the highest speed is 1375 and the lowest speed is 600.
- The grill of this fan is twisted so that air can travel in the whole room effortlessly.
- Heavy contoured blades ensure heavy airflow.
- 5 years of Guarantee
Air circulating fan that acquired the second spot in our top ten list is another air circulator fan of Vornado. Like Vornado 293, this Vornado air circulator fan also performs amazingly. This fan is made of plastic, only handle is made of chrome metal.
There is dissimilarity in the construction of both Vornado 293 and Vornado 660, but the power and performance of both are almost equivalent. It can cool a small to medium size room and can be placed easily anywhere as the footprint is not big. It doesn’t have an oscillating feature, many of us like to have a fan that can oscillate. However, this fan circulates the air in the whole room so nicely that you will not think about the oscillating feature.
Speed setting knob works perfectly and seems like it very sturdy also. The knob is user-friendly and can be controlled easily. This is why it doesn’t come up with remote control also.
- It is well made although it is constructed with plastic
- Very compact in size
- Aesthetically it looks stylish
- Base comes with rubber feet’s so the fan will not move easily when it is running
- Easy to clean
- It doesn’t create wobble as the base is very large
- Saves electricity bill
- High and medium speed setting in loud. But, you will not face any problem with the sound while it is running at low-speed settings.
- Price is a bit expensive
- No remote control
- Doesn’t oscillate
Number 3: Holmes Blizzard Rotating Fan
- 3-speed setting and 2 breeze setting summing a total of 5 options to control airflow for optimal cooling comfort.
- It has built with auto shut off timer
- The grill of this fan can rotate which increases the airflow of the fan by 40%.
- Very convenience to use as it has a remote control
Holmes Blizzard fan is the number one best selling air circulator fan on Amazon. The affordable price and features of this fan are the main cause why nobody can’t help but buying it. It is one of the perfect fans that you can be used along with air conditioner in daylight and as a solo bed fan at night time. It is so much powerful that you will get cool at a very short time and you need to turn it off or oscillate it after half an hour.
Oscillating Mechanism of Holmes Blizzard air circulation fan is pretty amazing and magical. Rather moving the fan blades physically side by side as other traditional fan does, it revolves the grill 360°. As the grill of this fan is curved, current of air goes through the surrounding rather targeting fixed direction. Such kind of oscillating mechanism is pretty much rare to find in other fans.
The control panel is located in the top right. Buttons symbols are easy to read and very easy to use. Also, you will get a remote control with it.
- Pretty quiet fan
- Takes very small space
- It has remote control
- Lightweight and easy portable
- Affordable price
- Easy to clean
- It has a carry handle
- It wobbles. It is not stable when operating.
- Range of remote control isn’t great
- Bigger in height
Number 4: Vornado 630 Mid-Size Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
- Come with parented Vortex technology
- 3-speed control options
- Multi-direction airflow
- Built with specially design spiral grill
- 5 years’ warranty
- Deep pitch blades ensure a good amount of airflow
Vornado 660 is the upgraded version of Vornado 630. Designwise they are pretty similar. Nevertheless, the price of this fan is a bit under Vornado 660 because this fan isn’t as powerful and it doesn’t perform like Vornado 660. Vornado 630 can cover airflow up to 70 feet elsewhere Vornado 660 covers 100 feet that we discussed earlier. Other than this, both fans’ features, structure, and performance are very similar.
- One of the reliable fan for the small size room
- Low-level noise
- Affordable price
- Base is stable
- Very good air circulation capacity
- No remote control available
- Can’t oscillate
- Not too much powerful
Number 5: Lasko 3300 Wind Machine Fan
- It offers three high-speed setting options
- Sturdily built-in carry handle make it more portable
- No need to assemble
- You can direct the airflow of this circulator anywhere you needed. You can rotate this machine 180 straight up or down or any direction you like.
Lasko is one of the well-known American fan manufacturing brand. Their fans are very cheap in price but full of attractive features that one can’t deny grabbing it. You will not get any other top quality air circulator fan at this price. This fan blows pretty good air and it is capable of cooling a good size room especially the living room. All the features work very well as they describe on their website. This fan creates vibration when it runs at full speed. This kind of vibration occurs because there is no rubber in base feet so that they can reduce the vibration of the fan.
- Blows the air very well
- Very quiet at high speed
- The built-in carry handle is very comfortable to grab
- Pivot housing make It more flexible to use since you can change the air flow direction comfortably
- Become dusty too offend
- Made of cheap plastic
- The power cord is not too long
- The packaging is not good
Number 6: Vornado 783 Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
- Built with patented Vortex Technology
- Can blow air up to 100 feet
- 5 years of warranty
- You can change the height of this pedestal fan to 28’’ or 40’’.
- Perhaps, you can use it as a multi-directional fan because you can tilt the head of the fan 180°.
- Three-speed setting option for running it in suitable airflow according to adjusting the outside temperature.
- The grill of this fan is very easy to disassemble so you can clean it effortlessly
Another Vornado air circulator in our top ten list. This fan has achieved the number six position in our roundup. Vornado has a very good reputation producing quality and good looking air circulator fan. They did full justice with this fan model also. Like other Vornado fan, it is good looking, come with Vortex Technology and can cool the room very quickly. To get it, you need to cost 120$-130$ depending on the current offers. After purchasing this air circulating pedestal fan, you will not regret and it is the only pedestal air circulator fan in our roundup. At 42 inches’ height, this air circulator fan is specially built to use as a bedroom fan.
- Construction is very durable
- Excellent airflow capacity
- Relatively low in noise
- Eye-catching outlook
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Long and expensive power cord comes also with fuse
- Too much noise at high-speed setting
- No remote controller
- Fan control panel located on the back of the fan which is not convenient to operate
Number 7: Honeywell HT-908 Turbo Force Room Air Circulator Fan
- It is blessed with aerodynamic turbo design which helps this fan to maximize the airflow
- It can be tilt upward. Come with 90-degree pivot head.
- It can move air up to 32 feet
- It has three-speed setting options
Another cheapest air circulator fan option for those are looking for a fan at a reasonable price. As the price of this fan isn’t high, you may not think it is not built at top-notch quality. But, luckily this air circulator fan very good at its business. Another plus point is that Honeywell is a famous fan manufacturing brand and they don’t compromise with the quality of the fan. They play fair with is Honeywell air circulator fan too.
Coming back to the performance, although the fan is little, it can move a high volume of air. It has the potential to cool you even the outside temperature is 75-80. Its size is perfect, not too big neither too small, so one can place it anywhere they wish without facing too much hassle. Furthermore, it can be used as both a table or floor fan since it is very compact.
- Ridiculously quiet fan. We can say one of the quietest air circulator fans.
- Versatile in size
- Good air circulation
- Made of sturdy plastic materials
- Cheap price
- Doesn’t pivot down to the ground direction
- Very difficult to find the control buttons as both the fan and buttons are black
- Hinge is not strong. It’s very flimsy.
- No remote control
Number 8: Lasko High-Velocity Quick Mount Fan
- Three powerful speed setting choice
- No assembly needed for this fan
- It has a built-in carry handle
- Pivots to blow air in multi-direction
- Very high-velocity airflow
- Metal body
Though it is a wall mount fan, you can use it as a floor fan since it comes with special design legs. The fan is so big that it will stay wherever you place it. This fan is specially designed for garage or warehouse or something that is too big. It is a heavy-duty and a high-velocity fan. Don’t buy Lasko high-velocity quick-mount fan if you are searching a fan for your living room or bedroom. Since you can be able to tolerate the sound of this fan and loudness of fan is the sound of the heavy blowing of air.
- Easy to install
- Very powerful
- Well-constructed fan
- Stable on the floor
- Lightweight compared to the size of the fan
- Very loud
- Bit expensive
Best Air Circulator Buying Guide
Types Of Air Circulator Fan
Well, we have found four types of air circulators that are popular in the marketplace and online. When choosing an air circulator for your home then you must consider them, you have to know which type of fan will suit your house or specific room very well, all in all, you should make it sure that you have got the best one for your space.
The four options are:
- Table Air Circulator Fan: You can place this type of air circulator fan on your desk or dressing table or something like that. They are usually very lightweight, easy to carry, portable, and have a small footprint. Holmes Blizzard Rotating Fan is one of the perfect examples for this type of fan and it is best in business.
- Floor Air Circulator Fan: This is very familiar to table air circulator fan but they are very big compared to table air circulators. Furthermore, they can blow air far way better. You can use it on your office desk also but you may face problems finding a place for keeping it on the desk since the footprint is bit bulky. You can use this fan anywhere in your house where you need some quick cooling. But, you have to ensure there is adequate floor space. Vornado 660 Large Whole Room Air Circulator Fan is one of the best floor air circulator fans for the house. They are very powerful, tiny in size, don’t take huge space like other floor fans and less noisy.
- Pedestal Air Circulator Fan: This type of air circulator fan is the best suit in your living room where there are lots of obstacles present in the room like old furniture, sofa, chairs, tea tables, and dining tables. These will reduce the efficiency of your cooling device as these obstacles will block the air coming out from your air circulator. Vornado 783 Whole Room Air Circulator Fan is one of the fans of this kind to check if you want to buy one for your living room.
- Tower Air Circulator Fan: This type of air circulator fan is very sleek, slim, and elegant looking. They will take pretty little space if you wanna place it in your bedroom or another room where there is a very scanty of space. You can choose a tower air circulator fan if your priority is home decor.
Features You Must Consider in an Air Circulator Fan
This is one of the most important parameters while choosing an air circulator fan and it refers to an amount of air the air circulator can move in a particular room (Volume). In case you have chosen a fan that doesn’t have sufficient CFM to cover your specific room, then it will not function properly and the room will not become cool that you need to survive in hot summer. So, one has to calculate the CFM needed to cool the room correctly and look for a fan that has more CFM rating than your calculated value.
More speed setting means more freedom to regulate the airflow of the fan. Choose an air circulator that has at least 2 speed setting options but more speed settings are always preferable.
Some air circulator fan rotates side to side and some rotate the grill of the fan. Each oscillation methods have separate benefits and make the fan circulate the air all around even better. We always recommend buying air circulator that have oscillation features which help the device to cover larger space.
The tilting feature helps the fan to direct airflow in a particular spot. Hot air always stuck in the ceiling of your house since it is the characteristics of hot air. You can direct the airflow of your air circulator to move the hot air and slowly the air flowing from the circulator fan will move it outside. An ideal air circulator fan with a tilt function must have at least 90° tilt facilities.
What is the Ideal Price Of An Air Circulator Fan
There are many varieties and types of air circulator fans. But, most of them come at a very fair and attractive price tag. Our expert has broken down the air circulator fan into three categories focusing on the price of those fans.
- Inexpensive: The price of this category fan starts from 15$ to 30$. One will find a quality table air circulator fan with this price range.
- Mid-level: We have categorized this one at 25$ to 60$. You will find a very powerful floor air circulator fan at this price range.
- Expensive: At the price tag of 60$ to 150$, you may get a top-notch tower air circulator fan and pedestal air circulator fan. They are powerful, elegant, and large.
Where to Place and Direct the Air of an Air Circulator Fan
- Aim fan in the middle of the room. This kind of placing can only be done if your air circulator has a tilt feature. This will help to cool down the room most efficiently and quickly. If you use a quality floor air circulator fan and direct it halfway up by tilting it, it will lift the cooler air of the room upward and the air will bounce back again into the room mixing with hot air that always trapped on the ceiling of the room. Thus, it lowers the overall temperature of the entire room.
- Aim at Air conditioner. If you have an air conditioner at your home, you can aim air circulator such that it will collide with the cold air coming from the vent of the air conditioner. It will increase the efficiency of the air conditioner, decrease the load, and cool the room more quickly.
- Keep it safely near to a big size wall. If the temperature is normal, then you can keep your air circulator in this spot.
So, you know which are the best air circulator fan in the market. Vornado is the best brand for air circulator fan but they are a little bit expensive. But, they worth the value as their features are very attractive. You can choose from other options too. Whatever is your choice, we recommend purchasing one that fulfills your needs and requirements.