Vornado is now one of the most well-known and highly regarded brands in the electric fan industry, and they’ve established their reputation right from the start. They offered innovation in the air cooling technology with there specially designed air circulator tower fan and there manufactured tower fan is completely different from other tower fans.
So which Vornado tower fan models are best for a large room? After reading countless Vornado tower fan reviews, we bring these top 5 best Vornado tower fan that really worth to buy.
Top 5 Best Vornado Tower Fan Reviews
Number #1 Editor Choice: Vornado 184 Tower Fan Review
This is the largest Vornado air circulator among all models available and this model is suitable for a very large room, such as your dining room, living room or a big size bedroom. It measures 41 inches tall and 11 inches wide. It weighs less than 10 pounds.
- It comes with 4-speed settings. That means you’re better able to set the airflow to what you need.
- You can adjust the settings with the remote control. This remote control has a magnetic cradle at the top of the unit. You can use the remote 8 feet from the main unit. Or you can also just use the buttons on the unit if you’re already there beside it.
- The fan speed clocks in at a max of 1197 rpm. At low speeds, it still goes at 603 rpm.
- At full power, it can move air up to 100 feet. That means it’s suitable for just about every room in the house unless you have rooms with dimensions of more than 100 feet wide.
- It circulates the air inside at a rate of 536 cubic feet per minute (CFM) at high speed. Even at low speeds, the circulation is still at a suitable 228 CFM. Place this in a 150-square feet room in a corner by an open door, and even at the lowest setting, the coolness it provides is remarkable.
- It also has an automatic shutdown timer that you can set for different lengths of time. You can choose to set it for 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours.
The noise is more than acceptable, especially when you consider the amount of air it moves. Compare it to other fans that provide a lower CFM rating, and they tend to create more noise. A few years ago, Vornado this suffer from manufacturing quality issues so some units were a bit noisy unless you tightened things up inside. Now that problem is largely gone.
Vornado 184 Air circulator fan will work like a champ in your bedroom or living room of any size. It creates less sound but blows very powerful air around the room. The white noise produces by this fan will help you to sleep at night if you are not very sensitive to the sound. Vornado customer service department is very quick and helpful. You can contact the customer service if you face any problem with the fan. Vornado 184 has 5 years long warranty.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”Check price on Amazon” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HIAT2K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=towerfan07-20&linkId=7012e9b4706c83826da05445f705f8f5&language=en_US” button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It can flow air constantly in the whole room.
- Very powerful and durable.
- Easy to assemble. Only takes a few minutes.
- Maintenance of this fan is very easy
- Very quiet in nature. Only create white noise.
- The base is made of plastic. It looks cheap and flimsy.
- It collects dust inside and the manufacturer recommends not dissembling the fan while cleaning it. So you have to disassemble the parts to clean it thoroughly.
- Remote is very small in size. You may easily misplace it. The cover of the battery is a little bit loose. It doesn’t stay in place. So batteries of the remote always falling out from their place.
Number #2 Pick: The Vornado 154 Tower Fan Review
Strangely enough, this smaller unit is actually $10 more expensive than the Vornado 173 model. What gives? As it turns out, that’s because it’s more powerful and has more features. Not bad for a unit that measures only 32 inches tall and 11 inches wide. It’s also a bit heavier than the 173 at 8.4 pounds.
- Instead of 3-speed settings, you have 4 here. You also have the remote control, as well as the buttons you can push on the unit.
- At high speed, it can reach 1225 rpm. That’s enough to push the air a distance of 80 feet, which surpasses the power of the 173.
- It can also boost the air circulation up to 385 CFM, which is also better than the 173. At the lowest setting, you still get 180 CFM. You can also put it on Turbo mode, which gives you a surprising rating of 411 CFM. This is pretty powerful, and in a small office, it can blow papers all over the place.
- The timer for the automatic shutdown is still available, with settings from 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours.
At the highest settings, it’s a bit loud but it does cool the room very quickly. Set it to the 2nd highest setting, and the noise is much more tolerable. After a few minutes, the noise settles into the background and you don’t notice it much.
Vornado 154 mid-range model air circulator is very stylish and powerful. It works perfectly for the generous bedroom or living or dining room. The fan is quiet at low speed. A lower setting can be set while sleeping at night. Even at low speed, it moves air very far. Other two high speed setting perfect for the day. if you are living in a hot zone area even air conditioner didn’t make you cool, using this best air circulator fan in front of the AC vent will help to circulate the cooler air of air conditioner around the area. This circulator is also affordable.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”Check price on Amazon” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0084DAI3O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=towerfan07-20&linkId=05a04410b84486c8130479e465be2092&language=en_US” button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It requires a minor assembly. Inside the pack, you will find three pieces of fan parts and 4 screws. You have to follow the user manual to put together these parts.
- Remote has magnets on its back, so that, you can set it top of the fan concave well. The design helps to find the remote quickly and don’t misplace it.
- Very efficient air circulator and cools down the temperature very quickly.
- All the four-speed settings are very powerful and circulate the air efficiently.
- It is noisy at the higher speed setting ( 3rd and 4th-speed setting). But noiseless at lower speed setting. It those speed setting mode they still move sufficient air.
- Indicator lights are very bright and they may interrupt you while sleeping.
Number #3: The Vornado Duo Small Room Tower Air Circulator Fan
As the name says, this is ideal only for small rooms. It’s very small at just 14.5 inches tall and about 5.3 inches wide. It also weighs than 4 pounds.
- It does boast of advanced features, even if it’s the most affordable model on this list. For example, it’s called the “Duo” because you can use it as a tower circulator or as a low profile circulator, like the regular round Vornado models.
- Even if it’s affordable, you get 4-speed settings to choose from. It doesn’t have the remote though.
- It’s still quite powerful, as it can reach 1450 rpm at the highest setting. At the lowest setting, it still goes at 880 rpm. So despite the small size, it can still push the air 50 feet.
- At the highest setting, the air circulation is at 78 CFM, although you can use the Turbo mode to push this to 107 CFM. If you don’t really need that much cooling, you can set it to low and you get about 45 CFM.
Perfect for small size room. This is very lightweight that means it’s very easy to move. You can use this fan in your working place like a desk fan. It doesn’t have indicator lights other Vornado circulator. So it will not disturb you with light while sleeping. You can also use it in your bathroom when you are doing makeup or drying the hair. You can make perfect use of this fan while you cooking foods in the kitchen. So you can say this fan is a complete multitasked.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”Check price on Amazon” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KVQXXEM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=towerfan07-20&linkId=e31e6242b8861b25f5ea6dd2b3268e1a&language=en_US” button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Lowest price among all the Vornado fan
- Moves out an impressive amount of air
- Very easy to assemble
- Don’t Oscillate
- Noisy at high speed. As it not a fan, it’s a circulator which works as a blower. Blowers working mechanism is similar to a vacuum. Thus it’s sound like the vacuum at high speed.
Number #4: The Vornado 173 Tower Fan Review
This is the 2nd largest tower circulator from Vornado, and it’s great if you don’t really want to cool down a very large room. For most rooms in the house, this will suffice nicely. The mid-size 173 circulator measures 36.5 inches tall and 10.47 inches wide. It weighs a little bit over 8 pounds.
- It has 3-speed settings for you to choose from, which is quite typical for electric fans. Just choose between low, medium, or high-speed settings.
- It also has a remote control unit you can use. So you can leave it on a stand next to your couch in the living room or by the bed in your bedroom, and you can adjust the settings without getting up.
- The fan speed does reach a high of 1530 rpm at the highest setting. That’s a lot higher than what the 184 produces.
- It can push the air a distance of 70 feet, which should be far enough that you can hit the wall opposite the corner where you put the Vornado. The air circulation is the result when the air hits the wall—the air then goes in all directions.
- At high speed, the air circulation is at a rate of 322 CFM, while at low speed it’s at 191 CFM.
- The automatic shutdown timer feature is also available here. Again, you can set it to last for 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours.
With the higher rpm, the noise levels are a bit higher when compared to the 184 models. But it’s still very tolerable, even at the highest setting. In fact, it’s downright silent when you compare it to the noise of standard electric fans. At medium to low settings, it’s not all that noticeable.
This Vornado 173 can be used in a medium size room. You can use it with your air conditioner if your room is very big. This will help you to cut down the electricity bills during the summer. The pets hair can’t encroach into the grill of the fan. So Vornado tower fans are safe for pets. This fan also has 5 years of customer service warranty.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”Check price on Amazon” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWN0J6U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=towerfan07-20&linkId=7bc65a3d54dd9c175561c3f2a5f47eda&language=en_US” button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It takes very little room as the footprint of this fan is very small.
- Low speed setting moves a lot of air and the operation is pretty quiet.
- Very high range of coverage.
- Easy to assemble.
- The stand is stable
- Noisy at high-speed setting.
- Little bit expensive
- Indicator lights are bright.
Number #5: Vornado 143 Tower Air Circulator Fan
Next in the lineup is the smaller Vornado 143. It’s considered a compact circulator, as it measures 29 inches tall and less than 9 inches wide. It also weighs just 6.85 pounds.
- Here we’re back to the standard 3-speed setting options. Still, it also comes with a remote. After all, just because it’s small doesn’t mean you need to set it up right beside you to feel cool.
- At high speed, this can reach 1380 rpm. That’s still enough to push the air for 60 feet, which is still a fair distance. For smaller rooms, this can really work. It can suit an office or a child’s bedroom.
- At high speed, the circulation can reach 250 CFM. At the lowest setting, it’s still respectable 150 CFM.
- You also get the auto shutdown timer, which you can set for 1, 2. 4 or 8 hours.
The noise isn’t really much compared to the other Vornado towers. But if you compare this to the Vornado round circulators, this is a bit noisier on the whole. Still, at the lower settings, it’s not really noticeable. At higher settings, it can be a bit much at the start, although if you’re like most people you’ll get used to it.
Vornado 143 air circulator is perfect for 15 X 25 size room. Like other Vornado tower fan, this one doesn’t oscillate but moves air to the far corner. With this affordable price tag, it can be a great alternative to ceiling or pedestal fan.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”Check price on Amazon” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PCLR5Y/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=towerfan07-20&linkId=85dd7a73fbd2216d4d702bc877560148&language=en_US” button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Small but powerful
- Affordable price
- Variation in speed and timer
- Require minor assembly
- Louder at high speed
- Vibrate at high speed
After scanning our top 5 Vornado tower fan reviews, you may not any stress to get the right model Vornado tower fan depending on the size of the room you want to use it.
Whatever Vornado tower fan you choice but Vornado 184 is the best among all the model. It can cover air flow in a large room effortlessly. Make it sure you have read the full review of each Vornado tower fans very carefully.